Ahualoa Egg & Tea Farm
46-4091 Old Mamalahoa Hwy., Ahualoa
The above link will open a new window will give you a general idea where our homestead is located on the Big Island. There are three yellow dots from the West: one is Keahole-Kona airport, the second is Waimea (Kamuela), the 3rd is Ahualoa in Hamakua Coast.
Directions to Our House from Waimea (Kamuela)
From Waimea’s intersection of Hwy 19 (Kawaihae Rd) & 190 (Mamalahoa Hwy)
Landmark: from the two gas stations (Shell and Chevron)
- Head northeast from Mamalahoa Hwy/Hawaii Belt Rd – go 4.9 miles
- At the intersection of Mud Lane & Old Mamalahoa Highway, turn right at Old Mamalahoa Hwy – go 6.5 miles.
- Go slow, lots of blind curves, one lane bridges and the occasional escaped cattle. There will be miles of open rolling ranch land (no cell phone service), until you reach the Ahualoa treeline.
- The cross street you will pass on your right is Kahana Drive.
- Quick! Look for two white mailboxes next to each other on your right between two driveways.
- The first driveway (with a green & white sign 46-4091) is ours. Â The tea fields are on your right.
- If you driven past Puaono Road (yellow house next to a red house on a house lot), you’ve driven too far. Come back!
Directions to Our House from Hilo / Honokaa
- Proceed towards Honoka’a, then follow the road up Old Mamalahoa Hwy.
- It’s around 3.6 miles uphill from the Tex Drive In intersection (A).Â Just stay on Old Mamalahoa. It’s curvy!
- When you get to a fork split road, bear left to stay on Old Mamalahoa Hwy. (The right fork going downhill is Kapuna Road.)
- When you pass Puaono Road, look for two white mailboxes next to each other on your left, between two driveways (B).
- The second driveway (with a green & white house number 46-4091) is ours.Â Go all the way up the driveway. The tea fields are on your right.
- If you drive past Kahana Drive and into the pasture, you’ve driven too far. Come back!